Zhongzhou Island, known as the "Pearl of South Taiwan", is an important node in the heart of the Minjiang River. Recently, Zheng Qiaopeng, a history teacher at Chaoyang Middle School in Changle District, collected a batch of old photos and maps of Zhongzhou Island, with a time sp

2025/04/0511:01:36 beauty 1767

Zhongzhou Island, known as the "Pearl of South Taiwan", is an important node in the heart of Minjiang . Recently, Zheng Qiaopeng, a history teacher at Chaoyang Middle School in Changle District, collected a batch of old photos and maps of Zhongzhou Island, with a time span from the Ming Dynasty to modern times. Among them, an old photo of Zhongzhou Island 122 years ago collected by French National Library , witnessing the prosperity of Zhongzhou Island in the Qing Dynasty.

Zhongzhou Island, known as the

1900 Zhongzhou Island Photo.

The reporter saw that this old photo of Zhongzhou Island taken in 1900 was lined up and densely packed with buildings. Wanshouqiao is crowded and looks crowded. Zheng Qiaopeng told reporters that in 1842, Fuzhou was listed as one of the five trading ports. On Zhongzhou Island, many foreigners come here to preach, do business, run schools, establish hospitals, and set up consulates.

Zheng Qiaopeng also collected maps and maps from Zhongzhou Island from the Ming Dynasty to modern times from libraries everywhere. It is obvious from these figures that the shape of Zhongzhou Island has changed over the past five hundred years. According to scholars' research, Zhongzhou Island was formed in the Song Dynasty, and the Minjiang River where Zhongzhou Island was located appeared in sandbanks due to silt. In the second year of Chongning in the Song Dynasty (1103), the Fuzhou Prefecture Wangzu Road built a floating bridge to connect it. 16 boats were set up in Beigang, 73 boats were set up in Zhonggang, and 13 boats were set up in Nangang, and 102 boats were set up in total.

Luyou At that time, he walked the floating bridge through Zhongzhou Island to Nantai Island, and wrote a poem " degree floating bridge to Nantai ", recording the scene of Zhongzhou Island at that time: "Many illnesses among guests have passed away. I heard that Nantai tried to find it. Nine tracks slowly and the waves were on the raging waves, and thousands of ships were connected to the middle of the river. The bells and drums of the temple towers urged the dawn, and the clouds and smoke in the ruins have been ancient and modern. The white hair has not yet been eliminated, and the heroic spirit is drunk and blowing horizontal flute sits on the banyanyin."

To the Yuan Dynasty, the boat owners on the Minjiang River spontaneously converted the original floating bridge into a wooden bridge (now the intersection of Zhongzhou Island to Cangqian Road), called "Jiangnan Bridge", which was also called Cangqian Bridge after the Ming Dynasty. In the seventh year of Dade in Yuan Dynasty (1303), a monk from Wanshou Temple asked to build a stone bridge between Lingyan Prefecture and Zhongzhou. It was completed in the second year of Zhizhi in Yuan Dynasty (1322). In order to commemorate the death of overwork, the people named Wanshou Bridge in the name of Wanshou Temple where they are located, which is called Wanshou Bridge. This is the predecessor of Jiefang Bridge .

In the Qing Dynasty, Zhongzhou Island was guarded by the Thousand Generals, and the garrison set up a patrol station, called "Zhongzhou Flood". In 1685, the Qing government set up the Fujian Customs branch in the Wagong Temple on Zhongzhou Island, which is commonly known as Changguan, which is responsible for managing the foreign trade and imposing tariffs.

The information Zheng Qiaopeng checked shows that after "5 ports trade ", foreigners began to enter Zhongzhou Island. In 1847, American missionary White set up a private clinic on Zhongzhou Island, which was the earliest Western medicine clinic in , Cangshan District, . In March 1848, the American and American Association of American and American Associations Bu Taoist priest Colin opened a school on Zhongzhou Island, which was the earliest church school in the area of ​​ Cangshan . Subsequently, expatriates from Britain, Germany and other countries raised funds to set up a harbor hospital on Zhongzhou Island. In 1909, the Qing government established the Minjiang Water Police Station on Zhongzhou Island, with its jurisdiction ranging from Hongshan Bridge to Chuanshi Island.

The reporter found a photo from 1992. At that time, some old buildings on Zhongzhou Island were similar to those in 1900, and the old bridge was still there. Later, the flood in the Minjiang River caused the old bridge to be destroyed, and the buildings on Zhongzhou Island were seriously damaged, so the current Jiefang Bridge was built.

Source: Fuzhou Evening News

beauty Category Latest News