
If you look historically at food responses, the pantry model has been unchanged since the [1960s].
從歷史角度看食品應對措施,自20世紀60年代以來,食品儲藏模式一直未曾改變。
Everywhere in places that looked like mine, it was inefficient, it didn't champion quality or the end-user experience, and it just bothered me.
在那些與我相似的地方,處處都顯得效率低下, 未能推崇質量或終端用戶體驗,這讓我感到困擾。
I'm Dion Dawson, founder and Chief Dreamer of Dion's Chicago Dream.
我是Dion Dawson,Dion's Chicago Dream的創始人兼首席夢想家。
We're a non-profit social enterprise that focuses on providing access to healthy food, consistently, making sure that your zip code does not determine how long you live.
我們是一家非營利社會企業, 致力於持續提供健康食品的獲取途徑,確保您的郵政編碼不會決定您的壽命長短。
We deliver a 10-pound box of fresh fruits and vegetables to more than 4,300 households in the Chicagoland region per week.
我們每周向芝加哥地區的4,300多個家庭配送一箱10磅重的新鮮水果和蔬菜。
It could be everything from a pineapple to different types of apples, citruses, Swiss chard, spinach, pomegranates.
這可能包括從菠蘿到各種蘋果、柑橘類水果、瑞士甜菜、菠菜、石榴等多種多樣的產品。
Since 2020, we've provided a little over 3.5 million pounds of fresh produce that we've purchased, packed, and delivered.
自2020年以來,我們已經採購、打包並配送了超過350萬磅的新鮮農產品。
And we've never charged any of our recipients to date.
迄今為止,我們從未向任何接受者收取費用。
Our produce and our quality is top notch.
我們的農產品品質一流。
We've never taken a single piece of donated produce.
我們從未接受過任何捐贈的農產品。
We purchase everything.
我們採購所有物品。
It may cost us a little more, but that's fine.
成本可能稍高一些,但這沒關係。
You don't want to dictate what people think they deserve.
你不應強加於人,告訴他們認為自己應得什麼。
If we're thinking about people living longer, healthier lives, and you want to give them the best opportunity to be healthy, you can't do that with expiring food.
如果我們考慮讓人們過上更長壽、更健康的生活,並且希望為他們提供最佳的健康機會,那麼就不能依賴於即將過期的食品來實現這一目標。
One of the things that we wanted to do a little different is make sure that we're talking to people.
我們想要做的一件事就是確保我們與人們進行交流。
We do a bi-weekly touchpoint where we collect scores in six different areas like ease of delivery, quality of produce, staff treatment and even stress after delivery.
我們每兩周進行一次接觸點評估, 收集六個不同領域的評分,包括交貨便利性、農產品質量、員工待遇, 甚至交貨後的壓力狀況。
And so we can see that we're lowering stress levels daily by more than 80 percent.
因此,我們可以看到,通過每天降低超過80%的壓力水平,我們正在有效地緩解壓力。
Quite simple.
非常簡單。
Just serving people and delivering quality food, produce.
服務大眾,提供優質食品和農產品。
When this all started, I was working overnights at Amazon.
這一切開始時,我正在亞馬遜上夜班。
I knew absolutely nothing.
我對此一無所知。
I didn't know any statistics.
我對數據一無所知。
I'd never done non-profit management or grant writing.
我從未涉足過非營利組織管理或撰寫資助申請。
None of it.
沒有一項。
That blind ignorance will get you way further when you just don't know what you're up against.
在面對未知挑戰時,那種無知的勇氣反而能帶你走得更遠。
On Juneteenth in 2020, a Gen Z-er came up to me, that I had grown up with, and said, "Hey, what are you doing for Juneteenth?" And I had no idea.
2020年的六月節,一位與我一同長大的Z世代年輕人走近我,問道:「嘿,你為六月節做了什麼準備?」當時我對此一無所知。
You know, I tried to kind of play along, but he said, "No, what are you doing?" And I just said, "I'm going to feed 100 families." I didn't think about it, I don't know where it came from.
你知道,我本想順著他的話,但他問:「不, 你在做什麼? 」我便答道:「我要為100個家庭提供食物。 」 當時我並未多想,也不清楚這念頭從何而來。
And from there it was two GoFundMe campaigns later and buying 800 pounds of food and bagging chicken leg quarters at four in the morning.
從那時起,經過兩次GoFundMe眾籌活動,我們購買了800磅的食物,並在凌晨四點開始打包雞腿。
What started as someone challenging me to do something for the community for Juneteenth, turned into a day and an event that made me feel like I had never felt before.
起初是有人挑戰我在六月節為社區做點事情,結果這變成了一天和一個讓我感覺前所未有的活動。
And wanting to chase that feeling of not having to convince myself that I wasn't the problem, or not having to convince myself that something was good, but just feeling good.
渴望追求那種無需說服自己並非問題所在,或無需證明某事優秀,而是自然而然感到愉悅的感受。
From there, it was on.
從此,一切順利展開。
It just lit a fire in me.
這在我心中點燃了激情。
We're up to 48 employees, about 15 vehicles.
我們現有48名員工,約15輛運輸車。
We're opening up a 20,000-square-foot location later this year.
我們計劃在今年晚些時候開設一個佔地20,000平方英尺的新地點。
We've grown in an environment where growth has been difficult.
我們在一個成長艱難的環境中實現了成長。
The average Black-led nonprofit never makes it to a million in revenue.
平均而言,黑人領導的非營利組織很少能達到百萬美元的收入。
We did it in 18 months.
我們在18個月內完成了這一目標。
As a company, we've never been in the red.
作為一家公司,我們從未出現虧損。
It's a social enterprise non-profit that is still a business.
這是一家作為企業的非營利社會企業。
Early on, it was really about individual donors and grants.
早期階段,主要依賴於個人捐贈者和資助。
And then over the years, we've tried to continue to figure out how to diversify the revenue so that we can be sustainable.
多年來,我們一直致力於探索如何多元化收入來源,以確保組織的可持續發展。
We've never missed a payroll.
我們從未拖欠過工資。
We've never lost an employee.
我們從未失去過一名員工。
We've never had a volunteer.
我們從未有過志願者。
I just think that if someone does a job, they should get paid for it.
我認為,如果有人從事某項工作,他們就應該為此獲得報酬。
It's a commitment back to people.
這是對人們的承諾回饋。
Without a wealth-building vehicle attached to whatever social impact work you're doing, then you're just perpetuating the circumstances that you're trying to fight.
如果沒有一個與所從事的社會影響力工作相結合的財富積累機制,那麼你只是在延續試圖改變的現狀。
You can still do good business and do good by people, and you don't have to build like everyone else.
你依然可以在做生意的同時造福他人,而且不必像其他人那樣構建一切。
There were so many people early on that tried to guide us into taking donated food, into using volunteer hours and trading board seats for money.
早期有許多人試圖引導我們接受捐贈食品,利用志願者時間, 甚至用董事會席位換取資金。
And because of us rebuffing a lot of those things, here we are almost five years later, and this work has really not only defined a lot of people's lives, but it's allowed me to wake up and go to sleep knowing and never questioning.
由於我們拒絕了諸多此類事物,如今近五年過去,這項工作不僅深刻影響了眾多人的生活,更讓我每日醒來與入眠時都心懷篤定, 從未有過質疑。
I have no goals.
我沒有設定目標。
I just believe that anything is possible.
我只是相信一切皆有可能。
Part of just being a dreamer is understanding that I decide what I focus on.
成為夢想家的一部分,就是理解我決定自己關注什麼。
We've gotten the opportunity to write our own story.
我們有了書寫自己故事的機會。
It's really about joy, happiness, being OK, knowing that you gave everything you had.
這實際上關乎快樂、幸福、心安,明白自己已傾盡全力。
All of these are things that are important, and we don't champion them enough.
所有這些都是至關重要的方面,我們並未給予足夠的重視和推崇。
It's always about reminding each other what difficult is.
這始終關乎於互相提醒什麼是艱難。
A difficult day as the Chief Dreamer of Dion's Chicago Dream pales in comparison to the worst day I've ever had as Dion Dawson.
作為Dion's Chicago Dream的首席夢想家,即使遇到艱難的一天,與我作為Dion Dawson所經歷的最糟糕的日子相比,也顯得微不足道。
You evolve, you learn.
你不斷進步,不斷學習。
This is the first time in my life where I can honestly say I've never stopped learning.
這是我生平第一次可以坦誠地說,我從未停止過學習。
Every single day.
每一天。
I learn, I apply, I try, probably failed more in this five years than in my first 30, but I don't have it figured out.
我學習,我應用,我嘗試,這五年里可能失敗得比前30年都多,但我還沒完全搞明白。
I think that's the fun part.
我覺得那是最有趣的部分。
Yeah, that's pretty crazy.
是的,那真是太不可思議了。