St. George's Chapel
St. George's Chapel. In 1848, Joseph Nash watercolor
Windsor Castle. 1890
Church of Windsor Castle is a castle church built in the late medieval vertical Gothic style, characterized by large windows, four central arches, patterns of vertical and horizontal lines, and a rectangular roof with vaults.
Ceiling of St. George's Church
The construction of the church began in 1475 Edward IV period and was completed in 1528 by Henry VIII .
This was in 1818, Charles Wilde's watercolor
In the following centuries, the church was expanded and rebuilt. Now it can accommodate up to 800 people.
On the spire on the side of the roof of the church, there are 76 heraldic statues representing the so-called Queen's heraldic beast, the Royal Shield holder of England.
The 14 heraldic beasts are: English lion, Welsh Red Dragon, Black Panther Jane Seymour, York Falcon, Clarence's Black Bull , Beaufort's Yeer, Mortimer's White Lion, Richmond Greyhound, Richard II's White Deer, Bohong's Silver Antelope, Ulster's Black Dragon, Hereford's White Swan, Edward III's 's Unicorn and Kent's Golden Doe.
The Queen's Emblem Beast
St. George's Church is both a royal church and a church directly under the monarch. It is also the highest Knight's Order of the Garter Church in Britain.
Guardian Medal
Every June, the Knights will hold a special ceremony in the church, and all knights and ladies of Guardian Medal, including members of the royal family, will attend.
On June 10, 1911, King George V and Maria left St. George's Church. After the Prince of Wales (the future king) was awarded the Garter Order.
1968, Queen Elizabeth II was wearing a costume with the Guardian medal.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip outside St. George's Church.
All members of the Knights are awarded lifelong seats in the church.
heraldic Knights and Garter Medal
Since the reign of Queen Victoria , many royal marriages have been held in St. George's Church.
1863, the wedding of the Prince of Wales and Princess Alexandra, Denmark.
The most recent time was the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May 2018.
There is also the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank in October 2019.
In the nineteenth century, St. George's Church and nearby Frogmore Gardens replaced Westminster Abbey , becoming the cemetery for members of the British royal family. Ten monarchs were buried in St. George's Church.
On Monday, September 19, Queen Elizabeth II joined them as she rested in peace at the Memorial Church of King George VI, part of St. George's Church.
King George VI Memorial Church
The church was built in 1969 according to the order of the queen and is the resting place of her father, King George VI.
The Queen doesn't like the idea of marble tombs and life-sized sculptures, she prefers to inlaid simple slates on the floor.
George's youngest daughter Princess Margaret 's ashes were placed in the basement of the Memorial Church on February 15, 2002.She was cremated so that her body could be placed in a small chapel. On April 9, 2002, Queen Mother Elizabeth was buried next to her husband.
The first image of the new tombstone in St. George's Church in Windsor appeared on the Internet, with the name of the late Queen Elizabeth II appearing on it.
This photo was taken after parishioners were again allowed to visit St. George's Church and perform church services.
The new tombstone reads: "George VI 1895-1952" and "Elizabeth 1900-2002", followed by the Metal Guard Medal, then "Elizabeth II 1926-2022" and " Philip 1921-2021". The garlands in the
photo are made up of flowers collected in the gardens of Buckingham Palace , Clarence Palace and Hegrove Palace, and were made by Charles.
gardener and TV host Alan Ticmarsh told BBC: "Our story is in this wreath. The oak leaves above are from oak in Windsor Park. In 1066, when Conqueror William arrived, the oak trees were growing, and some are still alive."
The official Twitter account shows that at the request of the king, the Myrtle in the wreath was cut from the transplanted branches of the Myrtle in the Queen's wedding bouquet in 1947.
grave internal diagram